I've definitely been in a romantic mood for a while now, and my latest fixation are 1970's inspired floppy hats... Believe me, there is nothing better for a gal who wants to shield her face from the sun and do it in style!
Here are a few reasons why I've decided to get myself a floppy hat ASAP... I hope you find them inspiring too!
1. It's perfect for a beach day, a pool side event or a sunny afternoon.
2. I recently cut my hair short-1920s bob style- and headgear helps mix up the look. Long hair can benefit from hats as well, for example the 2nd picture is of Faye Dunaway rocking the look... The hat frames her face and adds tons of sophistication, to an otherwise conservative sweater and turtleneck top. The first picture is of Anjelica Huston in her early years.
3. Floppy hats' fabric is lightweight-straw in most cases- which makes hair stay in place, even after removing the hat.
4. Nothing says VACATION like a big floppy hat, shades and a pair of wedge shoes... Even if you're pasty white, like me. Pair it with a romper to add instant glam or with a t-shirt and shorts for a more playful vibe.
5. In comparison to regular straw hats, floppy hats add more drama to literally any ensemble. Designers such as Lanvin and Gucci, have brought back the trend for Fall 2011, so floppy hats can be found in an array of prices and colors EVERYWHERE.
LANVIN READY-TO-WEAR- FALL 2011 (FIND THE ENTIRE COLLECTION @ WWW.STYLE.COM)
GUCCI READY-TO-WEAR FALL 2011 (FIND THE ENTIRE COLLECTION @ WWW.STYLE.COM)
Headgear | Fashiolista