While talking to a friend, I realized just how annoying it can be for some guys to witness or at least wait for a girl to get dressed & dolled up.
The thing is, most women enjoy looking and feeling beautiful to make themselves happy, not simply to please others, as some guys may think. The problem is this: Beautification whether real or perceived, takes so much time! Not to mention money.
As a recovering salon junkie, I have discovered that a few products can go a long way, and that I can do most things myself, in an easy and money conscious way. Most of the products listed below have been tried and tested by me... This is why I feel free to recommend them.
WARNING: Please do not misunderstand and think I'm implying you swear off beauty salons and spas completely, but it's simply not cool to depend on them completely all the time. The following are a few beauty tips I hope you can apply whenever in need... Please comment and I promise to reply if you have any questions!
1. GOODBYE CLUTTER KIT: Mr. & Mrs. Emergency kit bag has it all, well almost, and it is so small it can pretty much fit anywhere. The one thing I would add to this kit is a hand moisterizer, with a yummy smell... Like those found at L'OCCITANE.
2. ARGAN OIL: Argan oil can be used as an after shower moisturizer, for hands and nails, as a hair oil (in small amounts) and at night.
This oil is simply amazing. If you have oily skin, do not fret, it may actually help balance you out. I tried this oil for the first time in France and was delighted with the results. More recently I purchased the Josie Maran brand from Sephora, and have been using the oil at night before going to bed. I've suffered from oily skin my whole life and this oil has helped me control morning shine and delivers a noticeable glow after after several uses.
3. HAIR COLOR: I personally think that the BEST investment you can make for your hair is a good haircut. As a girl who has tried it all in the hair department, I know by experience that hair dye and hair extensions can only take you so far. Finding your ideal hair color, and finding haircuts that suit your personality, face and lifestyle is key. How to know what hair color suits you best? Start with your natural hue! When deciding to change your hair color, even if it's highlights you should always start by searching for colors that make your features pop. For example, if you have green eyes and fair skin, autumn colors will probably suit you best; If you have dark eyes & hair and fair skin, colder colors will suit you best. Look for colors that complement your eye and skin color, there are a number of resources out there... Check out InStyle.com for their hair makeover tool, it's awesome and free!
Before: BLOND HAIR AND EXTENSIONS (ME)
After: DARK BROWN HAIR and New Haircut
4. BODY EXFOLIATION: This is something so simple and easy, and makes skin look & feel amazing. The next recipe may sound strange, but it works... I actually got the idea of using coffee grinds from my facial esthetician.
Body: Remember to start from your feet and use the brush in circular motions upwards. Recipe-2 tablespoons coffee(grinded) and honey. You will also need a body brush.
5. AT HOME FACIAL: Facial treatments are a once-a-month necessary treat. The good news?You can get one at home... Whether you have your sister or BFF do it, or you simply decide to be your own esthetician. The following steps are from the book Spa Bliss, by Jo Glanville-Blackburn.
1. "Warm some cleanser between the palms of your hands, then massage it into your skin with firm, circular movements..."
2. Next fill a bowl with hot water, then add a few fresh herbs such as lavender, basil or rosemary. Lean over the bowl with your face in the steam and drape a towel over both your head and the bowl. Stay like this breathing deeply, for up to five minutes, depending on how sensitive your skin...(89)"
3. The next step is to exfoliate the skin... You can use a fruit such as mashed papaya, pineapple or strawberries. Rinse with warm water.
4. After exfoliating, apply toner and wait for it to be absorbed by the skin. Next step?
5. Facial Mask: You should purchase a facial mask that is right for your skin type, whether it be dry, oily or mixed. Remember to be gently when applying the face mask.
For mixed and oily skin, I highly recommend Yes to cucumbers. I've been using it for over a year now and I really love it! Why? I can but it at my local pharmacy whenever I run out, their ingredients are fairly natural and each sells for under $20 dollars...
6. Eyebrow kit:
Just today I went to get my eyebrows done and I asked Roberto: Do you have a kit that I can use for both my eyes and eyebrows...Something that can transition from day to night, and that will last all day long? His answer: Brows A-Go-Go from benefit. It's amazing, check it out!
Low maintenance | Fashiolista